Reading Much More About Hi-Fi
You've now completed the UHF Hi-Fi Course. We hope you found it worthwhile, but perhaps you're hungry for more.
What you have read ia set of excerpts from Gerard Rejskind's best-selling book, The World of High Fidelity, available from UHF Magazine at a special Internet price. And we're about to make you an offer you can't refuse.
As you can guess, there's lots more to read in this 224-page book:
- Foreword: Why yet another book on high fidelity?
- Welcome to my World: What is high fidelity? It's not what they probably told you.
- Where Hi-Fi Came From: A little history to indicate where we may be going.
- Modern Hi-Fi: This is what the system you can buy will probably contain.
- Sources: Beginning at the Beginning: Why the CD player or the turntable is the most important component
- The World of Digital: The ins and outs of the biggest audio revolution of our time
- The World of Analog: No, the LP isn't dead. Here's how to get the most from it
- Amplifying: What's inside those expensive boxes
- Loudspeakers: Why most speakers don't do what their makers say they do
- Getting It Off the Air: Is it worth adding a tuner to a high end system? Which one?
- The World of Accessories: Stands, cables, stabilizers, green pens, etc.
- Home Cinema: Why settle for sound when you can have a picture too? But...
- Selling it. Buying it.: How to sell high fidelity successfully. How to find it and buy it.
- Getting the System You Want: How to get from the system you can afford to the one you really want
- Acoustics: Meet the final hi-fi component, your listening room
- The World Goes On: The ultimate challenge to hi-fi
But that's not all.
We also want to offer you your own copy of our earlier (1990) book, "The UHF Guide to Ultra High Fidelity." A full 224 pages of information not available elsewhere.
A practical manual for the discovery and exploration of high fidelity. Includes in-depth coverage of how the hardware works, including tubes, "alternative" loudspeakers, subwoofers, crossover networks, biamplification. It explains why, not just how. It has full instructions for aligning a tone arm, and a gauge is included. A complete audio lexicon makes this book indispensable.
The two books start at a price of $36.90 in Canada...but we did say we wanted to make you an offer.
THE USUAL PRICE:
- The World of High Fidelity
- $21.95 in Canada, plus tax, $21.95 US in the US, $30 Canadian elsewhereA $5 discount on each book when purchased at the same time as a subscription.
- The UHF Guide to Ultra High Fidelity
- $14.95 in Canada, plus 7% GST, $19.95 US in the USA, $25 Canadian elsewhereA $5 discount on each book when purchased at the same time as a subscription.
SPECIAL INTERNET OFFER (if you promise not to tell anyone):
- The World of High Fidelity plus The UHF Guide to Ultra High Fidelity plus a free sample issue of UHF Magazine (our choice--not necessarily the latest issue). Be sure to mention the title of this Net page:
- $27 in Canada, plus 7% GST ($28.89 total), or 15% HST in NF, NB, NS
- $27 US in the USA
- $45 (Canadian) elsewhere in the world, including air mail
- ORDERING YOUR TWO BOOKS AND FREE MAGAZINE
- IN CANADA OR THE UNITED STATES: Use a cheque, a money order, or VISA or MasterCard
- IN OTHER COUNTRIES: You may use an International Money Order in Canadian dollars, but a VISA card or MasterCard is both simpler and faster.
TO ORDER WITH A CREDIT CARD:
Click here if you are in Canada or the US. If you are in the US the amount shown in the shopping cart will be in US dollars.
If you are outside Canada and the US, just click here to order.
THIS IS IMPORTANT:
If you are ordering other than by our on-line shopping cart, be sure to specify that you are ordering "The Internet Special," otherwise the books will be charged at full retail. That's because this really is a special offer for those who have gone through the course, and most people pay full price. If you order through the links to the shopping cart, the correct amounts are charged automatically.
- CLICK THE CART TO REVIEW SHOPPING CART
RE-READ THE EARLIER SEGMENTS: